How much do we really know about the food we buy at our local supermarkets and serve to our families?
In Food, Inc., filmmaker Robert Kenner lifts the veil on our nation’s food industry, exposing the highly mechanized underbelly that’s been hidden from the American consumer with the consent of our government’s regulatory agencies, USDA and FDA. Our nation’s food supply is now controlled by a handful of corporations that often put profit ahead of consumer health, the livelihood of the American farmer, the safety of workers and our own environment. We have bigger-breasted chickens, the perfect pork chop, insecticide-resistant soybean seeds, even tomatoes that won’t go bad, but we also have new strains of e coli–the harmful bacteria that causes illness for an estimated 73,000 Americans annually. We are riddled with widespread obesity, particularly among children, and an epidemic level of diabetes among adults.
One Response to “Food, Inc. (trailer)”
- Animal Ritual Sacrifices Exposed
- Monsanto To Criminalize Organic Farming?
- Bisphenol A (BPA) Contaminating Our Food
- Genetic engineering: The world’s greatest scam
- Ian Crane: Fukushima, E. Coli & Stuxnet
- Bisphenol A declared toxic substance in Canada